View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:47am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapins Fan View Post
I hate when I have a bad game. Fortunately, it's rare.

I had one Saturday night. close game, 1 point lead with 4 minutes tio go. I have a crash on the baseline, but I pass on it. My thinking was, Defender was trying to draw the charge and when the OP got there, he tried to draw the block, IMO, at that time, I wasn't going to give it to either. Because of my no call, A2 ( not involved in the play) came screaming at me and I "T"ed him up. He then put his hand in my chest and pushed me, "T" #2. He was gone.

It changed the game, B made 3 out of 4 FTs and won the game by 4.

I should have made a call on the Block/charge, either way and it would have been better. Lesson learned.

Bad game.

Monday, Had a Girls Varsity game. Saturday's game was still on my mind. I tried to shake it but I keep thinking, "make the call". The game went very well, good calls all around ( me and partners ).

Tuesday, Boys varsity. I am the R. Had good pre game and we had a great game. Half time Visitors up 1. End of 3rd Home up 1. Home won by 5 because of FT shooting. Good game.

Glad that bad game is behind me. I know we have to get it out of our head, but it is easier said then done.

Special thanks to BillyMac for his advice.
Glad to hear the next two games went well. That's a sign of a fantastic official, imho.

Can I offer something? Anytime a player pushes you, call the foul a flagrant foul. Even if the outcome is the same, because said player received a previous T.

If a player pushed you who hadn't yet receive a T, would you also only T him up? Or would you issue a flagrant T?