View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 23, 2013, 09:16am
Official Forum Member

Bad game, Good Games

I hate when I have a bad game. Fortunately, it's rare.

I had one Saturday night. close game, 1 point lead with 4 minutes tio go. I have a crash on the baseline, but I pass on it. My thinking was, Defender was trying to draw the charge and when the OP got there, he tried to draw the block, IMO, at that time, I wasn't going to give it to either. Because of my no call, A2 ( not involved in the play) came screaming at me and I "T"ed him up. He then put his hand in my chest and pushed me, "T" #2. He was gone.

It changed the game, B made 3 out of 4 FTs and won the game by 4.

I should have made a call on the Block/charge, either way and it would have been better. Lesson learned.

Bad game.

Monday, Had a Girls Varsity game. Saturday's game was still on my mind. I tried to shake it but I keep thinking, "make the call". The game went very well, good calls all around ( me and partners ).

Tuesday, Boys varsity. I am the R. Had good pre game and we had a great game. Half time Visitors up 1. End of 3rd Home up 1. Home won by 5 because of FT shooting. Good game.

Glad that bad game is behind me. I know we have to get it out of our head, but it is easier said then done.

Special thanks to BillyMac for his advice.