View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 19, 2013, 11:25am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremy341a View Post
Background. This is my 3rd Varisty game and I am working with a very respected veteren official who does a great job. H team is leading by around 30 in the 4th when things start to go down hill. I signal a foul on a V1 who looks at me and says "on me?" to which I reply "yes". He then quite loudly says "no way!". I say "easy you don't want another one" He starts to turn and as he does gives me the brush off with his hand. I then call a technical.
Good T.

Quote:
A short time later V2 is taking the ball out of bounds following a basket by H and was upset that he thought he was fouled. He looked at me and said "fu**ing -------" I honestly don't even know what the second word was as I was giving him the T during it. I have some speculations on the word but I don't even think it matters.
Flagrant T.

Quote:
My partner and I switch so I can administer the freethrows. Before I bounce the ball my partner whistles that we have a sub. I hold up. Just to the left of my partner but behind him V2, the kid I just gave the T to makes eye contact sticks his tongue agaist his cheek and puts his other hand up next to his face for the universal BJ signal. I am about to whistle him for his second tech but hold back as I didn't want to seem like I was a hot head rookie by giving him his second T from 70 feet away.
With that gesture, I'd be thinking about forfeiting the game. No way this is appropriate, especially in an educational setting. In fact, I would hope my local board would enact a removal of services until a written apology is made and a suspension of 2 or more games. Short of the forfeit, a flagrant T.