View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 11, 2013, 04:31am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
They review a lot more in the NCAA level than they do in the NBA as far as I can tell. Every elbow sitaution or flagrant situation they review them. I think all this would happen more with more official and more conference supervisors and different philsophies out there. The NBA staff is very small in comparison so they are on more on one page. And the NBA can control how their games are broadcast on TV where NCAA will have all kinds of standards. We already have the Pac 12 cannot use HD video courtside. I think that is going to be all over the place if you allow that to be reviewed.

Peace
I'd say the NBA has more situations that are reviewable...but some of those are only in effect in the final two minutes of regulation and all of OT (OOB calls, when officials call goaltending, block/charge plays involving the RA, whether or not a ball struck the rim meaning the shot clock should be reset). The biggest difference in NCAA replay rules and NBA replay rules is that the NBA reviews some of its plays during mandatory timeouts while NCAA will stop play instantly and review the play as it's tied to its correctable errors timeframe (and on a side note, the NBA's correctable errors procedure means they have a longer time frame to correct an error). The NBA method lends itself to better to the flow of the game.

I just don't think that this situation comes up often enough to where it's be an issue. 90+ percent of tries come easily before or after the expiration of the shot clock and that 10 percent of the other tries wouldn't be enough, IMO, to where it'd be an issue.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Fri Jan 11, 2013 at 04:34am.