View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 13, 2000, 11:38am
Do not give a damn!!

Lightbulb I think you missed my point.

Indy, you missed the point. What you see might be different according to what conference they are in or not. The Pac 10 does things different from the Big 10 or Big East. They all do not do the same mechanics across the board. Why, because each one has different evaluators as it relates to those conferences. And college officials do not have to birddog on every call like NF refs do. Their signals are entirely different then ours. And this can very depending on men's or women's college basketball. And lets not even talk about the NBA, that is a totally different animal.

All I am saying is that mechanically, you cannot compare NF mechanics to anything else. What you think is horrible mechanics, is great mechanics at the higher levels. I am not trying to say that there are not officials that do not have the greatest mechanics at higher levels, but understand, they are trained better than us, they would not be their if their mechanics were that bad and all are totally different than anything we could ever be taught doing HS ball. Just look at the NBA for example, all those officials for the most part look the same. They have almost taken all the individual style out of officiating at that level.

Quote:
Originally posted by Indy_Ref
That might be true, Rut, but if it were the case, I'd think I would be seeing all the officials doing either the same thing or close to the same thing, mechanically. I'm not talking about their judgement, just their mechanics...and in that respect, I'm not seeing these guys do the same things!

I'll watch a game and post physical evidence if you want.