View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2013, 10:50pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn View Post
I see a lot of trading of TE and WB etc then an opposite side back going in motion almost immediately. Also the guard signally the snap by slapping the center technically violates the rule I posted. I also see lineman with their hand down squatting and looking to the sideline for play change, spirit of the rule says once the hand is down, stop moving.

c. Any A player on his line between the snapper and the player on the end of his line, after having placed a hand(s) on or near the ground, moves his hand(s) or makes any quick movement.
No it doesn't. I am watching off and on the Fiesta Bowl and both teams do a lot of movement before the snap and even in a couple of cases look to the sideline. They are getting set before the snap and that was not what was asked. It was asked that could they look to the sideline and nothing in the rule suggests they cannot. Also not all lineman in the examples last night were with their hands on the ground. So yes they can look around as long as they do not simulate the snap. And this is why once again if you had to call this part of the game and you flagged every movement you would be working freshman ball for the rest of your life. Better yet you would not get a snap off if you were that technical for sure.

And as I am watching the Fiesta Bowl, I just saw a call for players not getting set.

Peace