View Single Post
Old Thu Jan 03, 2013, 03:34pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I'm really glad this isn't a big deal where I am. Of course, my basketball shoes are the only ones that are all black. My baseball/football shoes sure aren't.
I worked my State Finals in Baseball and Football with white or gray all over my shoes and not a single person said a word to us. My football crew this last time in football wore the Adidas shoes you see the NCAA guys wear and made a conscious decision to do just that early in the year and not a single person said to us, "You cannot wear those shoes." They were the most comfortable shoes and we wore them in every turf game or good weather game we had in the last two years and certain did so in all post season games that year. We probably were the only crew in 2011 that had matching shoes with the white on them.

Now in basketball there have been guys that have worn shoes with a white shoosh or white marking and the Sports Administrator has said something to those guys in suggestive ways. But it has not prevented any of them working the games and one game a couple of years ago had two guys with white on their shoes in a Championship game. One of the guys worked his second Championship game and had white on his shoes both trips. We do hear people get talked about, but it does not change anything.

Peace