View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 30, 2012, 04:13pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
Just because someone uses a word, it doesn't mean that person doesn't consider the word to be inappropriate. (dirty) Often that's the whole point of using the word.

I think pretty much everybody knows that the f word is considered inappropriate.

George Carlin had a monologue many years ago about "words you can't use on tv." The standard has softened considerably over time, but then, like now, the f word is at the top of the list.

Like others, I don't toss out a T every time I hear one of these words, but I will say this. If you T anybody for using the f word, this is the one time you will never hear:

"What? What did I do?"
You are absolutely right at the beginning of this post. It also does not mean that the person that hears it will assume what you say is inappropriate either or want to give a T. You can do whatever you want in these situations, me (and others) are not going to give a T on the first situation heard. Just go say something and problem would be solved. No one has said anything on this site every to change how I feel on that front.

I was never a big fan of George Carlin (surprise). I had other comedians I held in higher regard and found funnier and we are not talking about TV. But we are not talking about a sport where a lot of language is used that would not be in other aspects of our society. That is just a fact. It may not be right, but it is a fact.

Peace