Thread: Make The Call
View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 21, 2012, 03:37pm
Administrator

Adding to my Original Post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Adam:

Read NFHS R3-S2-A2c. Charge Team A with a TF. The TF counts towards Team A's seven and ten fouls for the second half.

MTD, Sr.

In the OP Adam said: "The book has all the right players, but has the numbers for A1 and A2 switched. No one says anything (likely because they didn't know). After half time, the table calls you over to tell you that A1 and A2 have switched jerseys and are now wearing the correct numbers according to the book."

When I made my OP it was 12:37amEST, it was obviously way past my bedtime, , and I did not pay attention to the sentence highlighted in red. The information contained in that sentence does change my position somewhat. Therefore by rule (NFHS R10-S3-A1) which stipulates that both A1 and A2 are charged with FTFs.

First, I would have some questions for the Scorer (this is not an all inclusive list but I think one could see that there are a number of questions that can be asked):

1) Were A1 and A2 wearing their normal jersey numbers and did you mistakenly transpose their numbers in the Scorebook?

2) Did you enter the correct numbers for A1 and A2 and did they decide to exchange jerseys without telling you?

MTD, Sr.

P.S. Let us just say that this could be, as they say in the Marine Corps, this could have been a "cluster ****".
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Fri Dec 21, 2012 at 03:43pm. Reason: P.S. added.