View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 19, 2012, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
When the timeout is over, the official puts the ball in play. When's the timeout over?

The rule says nothing about the team being allowed to stay in their huddle until the second horn. It says nothing about allowing the team to come out after the second horn and the official waiting for them to do so. So where are YOU getting this?

BTW, this is not one of those things that personally bothers me. If they break on the second horn, fine -- I'm happy to give both teams a few extra seconds. But by rule, the timeout ends and play resumes on that second horn.
I agree, it doesnt bother me that much and personally after many years of doing this have always thought if teams are breaking huddle on 2nd horn that was the norm. You say the rule says nothing about being allowed to stay in huddle until the second horn? 5-11-2 only says "a warning signal for teams to prepare to resume play is sounded with 15 seconds remaining" ...the words "prepare to resume" and "remaining" being my point here. I say they get all the 60 seconds to talk to their team and then break huddle and head to inbounds location or wherever on court they need to be. I was only asking a previous poster who seemed to be putting the ball down at the second horn. Clearly, I see no rule for that, nor have I ever seen that happen.