View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 15, 2012, 03:12pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
1) I didn't endorse squat. I don't know anything about this place, other than that I've been asked to go by a local team.
2) I asked the original question to get feedback from people that had actually been there so that I know what to expect. All but 2 of the responses have helped me in that regard. The 2 that didn't? Yours. Sorry to waste your seemingly limited bandwidth, but this isn't Tim's forum - where only things Tim deems worthy of discussion may be discussed. It's an umpire forum - the thread was NOT a WOBW as I got from it exactly what I was hoping to get.
I enjoy working tournaments so I went last year simply for the experience. For me it was easy. I live 4 hours away so I drove and had access to my car.

I'm semi retired and only work a part time job so missing work was not an issue for me. The team paid me an amount which covered my travel expenses plus a little bit.

My biggest complaint was no AC in the bunkhouse, it was hot and it was difficult to sleep. The food was nothing to write home about but it was not bad.

The quality of the umpires ran from highly competent to those who would not survive in my association based on their appearance, mechanics, and rules knowledge. A bunch of older umpires who apparently didn't care about their appearance or performance who thought they were God's gifts to baseball really made me wary of ever working with these guys again. A true smitty haven.

Well, I enjoyed the experience, and I may go back in the future, but I haven't been able to tell my local associates that I "lowered" myself to do kiddie ball.