View Single Post
Old Wed May 07, 2003, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to rainmaker
"Once is Never Enough" Double-Punchline Trophy

PA Coach and That Darn Belltower

So there is the tower with a bell at the top that this priest rings every day at 6 o'clock. But the priest is getting old, so he runs a newspaper ad: "Bell Ringer Wanted". Well, only one guy answers the ad; a quadrapelgic in a wheelchair.

The priest says, "I don't think you are the man for the job."

But the quadraplegic says, "Just get me up there, I can do it."

"Well, no one else applied, so the job is yours."

So at 6 o'clock the man is up there in his wheelchair. He wheels over to the bell and slams into with his face, ringing the bell. He backs up and starts wheeling over there again, veers off to the left, falls out of the tower and he's dead.

A group of townsfolk gather 'round, and one of them asks, "does anyone know who this guy is?"

The priest says, "I don't know his name, but his face sure rings a bell!"

So there is still no one to ring the bell. The priest runs his ad again, and again only one guy applies. Another quadraplegic, brother of the first guy who had the job.

"Things didn't work out so well with your brother," said the priest.

"Anything my brother could do I can do better," said the applicant.

"Well, no one else applied, so the job is yours."

At 6 o'clock, the man is up in the tower in his wheelchair. He wheels over to the bell, slams into it with his face, and rings it. He backs up, wheels over again, veers off to the right, falls out of the tower, and he is dead. Again the townsfolk gather.

"Does anyone know who this guy is?"

The priest says, "well, I don't know his name, but he's a dead ringer for his brother!"

[Edited by rainmaker on May 7th, 2003 at 12:35 PM]