View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2012, 11:08pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by maroonx View Post
I did a JV game and in the first half we called 42 fouls.
I join those who say "had to be there."
Had an early season game with two very aggressive teams a while back. We called 41 total and were criticized by some over that. Went to the video and learned something valuable.
11 "no-calls" which one from one team or the other could argue they'd have wanted a foul on any of those particular plays.
11 "light fouls" some might argue were merely incidental contact and shouldn't have been called.
I don't know that those two stats wash each other out.
Our crew assessed that "keeping it under control" between two very aggressive teams led to the "light fouls", but we agreed upon review that more judicious use of a slower whistle on the part of all of us could've curbed those fouls we could maybe have passed on.
All of this intends to lead up to this question: do you have tape you could review? I know JV doesn't usually do video, which is too bad, because valuable lessons one way or the other come from review.
One such lesson is the analysis of whether there were a lot of whistles on incidental contact.
Still, had to be there.