View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 12, 2012, 08:49am
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
Had the worst scorers table I have ever had. Caused all kinds of grief. Where to start?
43 gets a fifth foul. Table makes it known after a live ball or two. Go to the table to figure out what is going on. Notify the coach, start the interval and then notify the player. Sub comes in. A few plays later, table calls us over and says we gave a foul to the wrong player. 43 only has 4. Back into the game she comes. Horn for subs was terrible, such as before first of 2 free throws or not at all.

AP arrow. Holy guacamole, they could not get it straight. It actually caused my partner to give the ball to the wrong team which they inbounded. Blew the play dead and got together. I know this is not a correctable error once the throw in was over but my partner said it was, and gave the ball back to the original correct team.

Now to the timeouts. Into the fourth quarter we have ANOTHER time out (which were not shown on the scoreboard). I am like "How many does each team get?" So I go to the table during one of the timeouts. And she tells me that someone told her that there were 3 fulls and 5 30s for each team. So I said how many has each team used? Both had used 3 30s and 1 full. So I guess they each technically had 1 TO left. I informed both coaches that they had one full left and corrected the scorers.

Needless to say, I was glad to have that game over with. I think the final score was 24 to 17 or something like that. It was was good practice for game management though. And under the circumstances we did pretty well.

Sharpshooternes:

Since when do you let the Scorer tell you that you gave the foul to the wrong player?

I would have stuck to my guns and not allowed the do-over.

Correct the Scorebook, but not inform a HC of the number of TOs he has left. Only inform him when he as used his last TO.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio