Thread: Coach's leash
View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 11, 2012, 02:52pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by APG View Post
I think people take the not giving two T's to a coach back to back too far. Of course, in an ideal world, maybe the other official gets the 2nd T, but if the coach crosses the line a 2nd time while you're there and before your partner(s) is/are in position to handle the coach, then sometimes you'll have to be the one to give the walking paper unless you want to give the coach a free pass.

As to this situation, the calling official may have set off the 2nd T by telling the coach to "sit down and be quiet." That tantamount to tell tell him to sit down and shut up and while he/she is required to sit down, one should probably let the calling official handle seat belt responsibilities for the coach while the calling official moves away from the area.
This is a great point.

Also in my experience usually that kind of language is not acceptable to school administrators (above the AD for sure) and do not like their school to have adults act in ways that is outside of the mission of the education system. Of course you can have schools that take their famdom too far, but often I have found that kind of behavior is not what a school wants to represent. And if that was in the report that a coach cursed like that, it would get a lot of coaches in big trouble in this environment we live today. Maybe 20 years ago no one would have made a stink over this, but not today.