View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 09, 2012, 12:14pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Yep.

But, if he's able to move laterally maintaining a position in A1's path the entire time, no. He met the rule. Maintaining LGP requires maintaining a position in the opponents path. If A1 goes a different direction faster than the defender can adjust, the defender loses LGP and must reobtain it in the new path.

Here is an exaggerated play to demonstrate the difference....

A1 heading straight down the left lane line. B1 sets up on the left lane line. A1, seeing his path is cut off, stops, turns 90 degrees right and goes around 3 players across the lane then cuts down the right lane line where he then heads down that lane line. B1 sees what was happening a bit late after A1 has taken an entirely different path and tries to shift to the other side of the key where he attempts to jump into the A1's new path.
i see what u r saying but i don't think this play is a guy changing his entire path like that. your sit has a guy completely losing contact with his defender thus ending legal guarding position. i know u were exaggerating t make a point. in the video i think the guy was moving under him after he left the ground anyway so i have block. I dont think you loose lgp just because he has a new path. he has to get by u with head and shoulders