View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 05, 2012, 03:23pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
Ask someone of an older vintage about the game 50 years ago. They will undoubtedly tell you that the game isn't the same. The game has changed a lot since the 80s and even the 90s.

The law of conservation of momentum being what it is, players are more suspect to health issues because of today's game. And it has to be taken out.
I honestly do not care what the game had 50 years ago. I care if a rule has been violated here. If a rule has been violated that is the starting point we should be discussing. If you say he launched at least you have NCAA Rules support and interpretation. But a hard hit is not a very good example or reason to throw a flag here. And you have a player chasing a ball handler with a chance to make a play. Now I do not know of any rule not allowing him to be blocked.

I can ask the crew chief of that game what the official said about the call and what the Big Ten or NCAA might have also said. Maybe they supported the call, but I do not see based on everything I have seen why this was an illegal hit.

Peace