Thread: Say what?
View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 03, 2012, 07:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Again, it is not a "mechanic" to signal to your partner to come to you. Or better yet there are not mechanics that I am aware of that suggest we even talk. Not everything is a mechanic if we choose to do so or even communicate on some things. It just drives me crazy when people worry about what is approved than officiating. You are telling me someone in your area is going to get upset because someone signaled their partner to come to them? This sounds about as silly as when I was signaling a 1 and 1 to my partner in a summer game and one of my partners who has a problem getting varsity games of any kind, was worried about the way I held my hands and the fact that my fingers were not perfectly straight. He did this while not worrying about why he missed a BC violation which he was the Trail and was the only one that had the match-up in question. Maybe I am wrong, but I guess I will never understand why people always worry about what is a mechanic rather than learning to just do your job. And if I have to signal to my partner to come and talk with me, I doubt anyone I have ever been around would give a damn if the mechanic is in the book at either the HS or college level. Never had anyone complain at a camp for sure.

BTW, many officials I know and work with use the pointing to the floor signal all the time. No one cares if it is not listed anywhere. There are bigger fish to fry I guess. And no we are not IAABO affiliated at all.

Peace