View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 26, 2012, 01:43pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
The regulars are only marginally better than the replacements at SIGNIFICANTLY more cost....

This may be the first time in NFL history that, based on per game officials grading system, some replacement officials will work the Super Bowl because they graded out higher than the "regulars". No wonder why the NFL Officials Union DIDN'T want a reserve officials staff available to replace under-performing "regulars".
There's not a single replacement official that would make the Super Bowl if they were scrutinzed by the league like the regulars are (and Mike Peierra said as much). That's not to say that some of those mistakes aren't excusable (mainly the timing mistake). To say that they were just marginally better is just wrong in my opinion. I could clearly see the difference in just penalty enforcements...there's no way I should know the penalty enforcements that much better than those working a game.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Mon Nov 26, 2012 at 02:06pm.