View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:39am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
(I just can't come up with a line under my name as good as Brad's. Every time I see it, I go back and watch the video. "Get away from me, Steve. Get away from me, Steve." It's just priceless.)

I agree with this. I was a bit uncomfortable with the topic, which is why I haven't personally participated. I feel that if I'm going to have a lot of power at the board I also have to have a lot of discretion and sometimes not say some things I'd like to say. It's also why the only comment that was deleted was one that crossed way over the line of good taste (it was just offensive and I'm sure the person who posted it would even agree in a sane moment) and I left some of the other comments in place that would probably get deleted on the other forums.

That said, gang, I think we've all had way too much fun here and I'll just lock it up.

Bob, I can easily set you up if you wish to join in on the fun. Just drop me a note.
"Get away from me, Steve!" is actually a pretty good one! LOL

I love discussing politics (as some of the mods will attest to now that we are on Facebook together!) ... however, there is a time and a place ... for me that place is not here —*it corrupts things a little bit instead of just being about officiating. I'd rather have this be a place where we come together with a common goal and common interests. Even just focusing on officiating we have some heated discussions!

For a lot of people officiating is about fun. It's a hobby. An avocation. The vast majority do not do it to support themselves financially ... it's about their enjoyment of being involved in the game and the camaraderie of other officials.

My goal has always been to have this site be an extension of that ... so let's do whatever is best to keep things fun and enjoyable for all.