View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 07:25am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
Well, Steven, you can't

I'm not sure that political posts are such a great idea or not ... but if we are going to have political (or other random topics) discussions here in the Off-Topic section it's definitely going to stoke the fire.

When the mods participate it upsets the balance a bit ... they can say whatever they want, but can also admonish / discipline other users. I think that when we are discussing officiating that never turns into a big deal — but in this setting it could.
(I just can't come up with a line under my name as good as Brad's. Every time I see it, I go back and watch the video. "Get away from me, Steve. Get away from me, Steve." It's just priceless.)

I agree with this. I was a bit uncomfortable with the topic, which is why I haven't personally participated. I feel that if I'm going to have a lot of power at the board I also have to have a lot of discretion and sometimes not say some things I'd like to say. It's also why the only comment that was deleted was one that crossed way over the line of good taste (it was just offensive and I'm sure the person who posted it would even agree in a sane moment) and I left some of the other comments in place that would probably get deleted on the other forums.

That said, gang, I think we've all had way too much fun here and I'll just lock it up.

Bob, I can easily set you up if you wish to join in on the fun. Just drop me a note.