View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 19, 2012, 02:11am
Whack! Get Out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
You can't swing a dead cat in here without hitting a moderator.
Well, Steven, you can't

I'm not sure that political posts are such a great idea or not ... but if we are going to have political (or other random topics) discussions here in the Off-Topic section it's definitely going to stoke the fire.

When the mods participate it upsets the balance a bit ... they can say whatever they want, but can also admonish / discipline other users. I think that when we are discussing officiating that never turns into a big deal — but in this setting it could.

Bottom line: Play nice! There's no reason to get personal or attack someone else, regardless of what we are discussing.

Steven — I'm not sure whether or not your comment to Bob about moderating qualifies as a personal attack (that's why I was alerted to this thread) ... but it certainly is mean and unnecessary. Bob did a great job, especially considering that he was the sole moderator —*if there is any blame for the poor moderating then (or now), it rests with me — so feel free to email me any complaints

Bob is welcome back anytime — I took over all of the moderator duties for a short time to (1) see how much of a pain in the *** it really was to manage and (2) to force myself to get some other moderators lined up because I knew the job was too much for one person. (So, Bob, anytime you want back in the fray just say so -- I imagine you may be enjoying your time off though )

OK ... that is enough of a diatribe for now ... I gotta get back to coding!