View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 30, 2012, 03:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The vast majority of the people that sit on the NF Rules Commitees are administrators that represent their states. I know people love to point out the one guy that is an official on the committee, but by in large the NF is no different than the NCAA mostly coaches or people that have little to no expereince actually officiating a game. I think that is obvious how little officiating experience sit on these commitees when certain rules are suggested to be enforced or expected to be changed and it takes them years to consider all the possiblities and the holes a new rule or revision tends to make.

Peace
Has there been any data come back yet on how many more/fewer kickoffs are returned this year compared to last year? I'm wondering if moving the kicking line and the touchback placement has had an appreciable affect in that regard, since that was the justification for all the moves.

I think the "helmet coming off" rule has resulted in the intended affect, though. I've only seen one helmet come off in my high school games this year, and it was one that we could tell was loose before the game even started but the bull-headed ACs wouldn't tighten his straps.