View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 25, 2012, 02:11pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
That is not what BNR is saying...not what Rich is saying either. Seems like some of us agree that when an assignor chooses to use an administrative tool that will make his/her job easier (Arbiter, Stripezone, etc.), then they should pay for that out of their current earnings, not turn around and increase the fees that we pay. Add to that the fact that some assignors do this without telling their officials why, and you have an integrity issue to boot...
I am really not disagreeing with BNR. I am just pointing out that we are mostly independent contractors (or should be) and it is up to us to decide if we will do business with someone (an association) further based on the fees involved. In my area, we pay a $5 fee for our Arbiter and we belong to the largest consortium of assignors that use the Arbiter system across the country and that is a sore spot for everyone around here. But if you want games do you not pay the fee?

I think transparency is key and best, but if they do not tell you all the fees, then you either continue with that group or go to another that does.

Peace