View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 19, 2012, 12:58pm
Official Forum Member

Only had about 3-4 "weather" games. First one was a few years ago in a playoff game -- cold and a little raining. Field ended up a little muddy but not too bad. I went into the game thinking it would be miserable, and frankly, it wasn't. My line judge slipped hustling to a spot and caught himself before he went down (white knickers then), so I was impressed.

A couple of years later, we did a Saturday game that made up for a Friday cancel due to lightning. It rained consistently through the game and the field had standing water on it. I don't think I've ever been that thoroughly soaked in my life. My HL's sideline was pretty muddy and he looked like he'd been the pit guy in a tracker pull when it was all over!

Last year, we had a steady, cold rain in one subvarsity game, but on turf. Again, soaked, but manageable. None of these games were really that big a deal, but the one I hated the worst was when we were basically on a cow pasture -- muddy field, though the weather was fine. On 3 successive plays, I (R) lined up behind the QB, the slot receiver on the right side, and the slot receiver on the left just trying to find a place I could start without being 2" deep in mud.