View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 19, 2012, 09:24am
Official Forum Member

WNBA: Jacket Removal and Toss

Does that jacket removal and toss earn her a second T in your game?

WNBA Finals -- Lin Dunn, Indiana Fever coach, criticizes Minnesota Lynx coach Cheryl Reeve for actions in Game 2 - ESPN

Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS -- Indiana coach Lin Dunn criticized the coach of the Minnesota Lynx on Thursday, accusing her of a "lack of respect" for an outburst that seemed to spur the Lynx to a win in the WNBA Finals.

Dunn said she wasn't amused by Minnesota coach Cheryl Reeve's meltdown on Wednesday night. Ignited by Reeve's technical foul and subsequent jacket toss, Minnesota turned up the intensity in the second half to pull away for an 83-71 win in Game 2 to even the series at one game apiece. Game 3 is in Indianapolis on Friday.

Dunn said she thought Reeve should have been ejected because the wildest part of the tantrum came after the technical.

"I guess the thing that concerns me is that after she got her first technical, then she proceeded to take her jacket off, throw her jacket," Dunn said. "In my opinion, that should have been reason for a second technical and removal, and they (the officials) did not do that, and of course, she was able to incite the crowd.

"There's no doubt in my mind that her behavior after the first technical warranted ejection, and I was very disappointed that the officials allowed her to in some ways, you know, just kind of a lack of respect for the game and lack of respect for them. I was disappointed in the whole affair."
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.