View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 15, 2012, 01:05pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylejt View Post
I don't think the positioning was that bad, just where he was focusing his attention was probably wrong. IMO, he was looking at the hand and the base, and not the whole picture.

Good tags are made right before the base, but you can't anticipate that's where it's always going to take place.
Are you kidding me? His positioning was AWFUL! I don't do six man like they do in the postseason, but with 6 umpires on the diamond, what else should he be doing? Isn't R1's touch of second Nelson's responsibility. Clearly the play at second was and instead of moving perpendicular to the base to gain an angle and coming set when the ball arrived, Nelson was running directly at the base, was to close to the play and was moving when he went to make a call. All this is basic umpiring 101, which a playoff rated umpire UTTERLY FAILED AT!
Well I am certainly wiser than this man. It is only too likely that neither of us has any knowledge to boast of; but he thinks that he knows something which he does not know, whereas I am quite conscious of my ignorance. At any rate it seems that I am wiser than he is to this small extent, that I do not think that I know what I do not know. ~Socrates

Last edited by Kaliix; Mon Oct 15, 2012 at 01:07pm.