View Single Post
Old Wed Apr 30, 2003, 05:47am
Official Forum Member

Does anyone actually read previously posted threads, or just type whatever comes to mind?

My original post was, Lil' League Pitching rule 8.01(a)(2).

NOT FED, NOT OBR, NOT NFHS.

*Especially in FED, step and throw from wind-up is not legal. If anybody has some video of this move, I'd love to see it. I just don't see it possible. Step and throw to first from wind-up, yea, never seen it, but it is legal and possible, for a righty. But, how many dumb coaches are having thier F1's toss from wind-up with runners on??

Chris s

Step and throw to first from wind-up, yea, never seen it, but it is legal and possible, for a righty.

Why not legal for a lefty? The rule doesn't distinguish between righty or lefty. Nor does it distinguish between
which base he cannot throw to.

how many dumb coaches are having thier F1's toss from wind-up with runners on??

Some pitcher's throw better from the wind-up. With a runner on third, why not pitch from the wind-up? More power on pitch from wind-up and unlikely runner is gonna steal home.

*Picking off a runner from the wind-up will never be done. First of all the pitcher goes to the wind-up conceding the pick-off play.

If he was thinking pick off, he would go to the stretch.

Now if the pitcher is in the wind-up position, and he is going to pick someone off, the he better do it with out any preliminary move.

Whowefoolin

Have you read rule I'm referring to? Or seen other posts regarding this rule? And where did "any preliminary move"
come from?

You say:

Picking off a runner from the wind-up will never be done. First of all the pitcher goes to the wind-up conceding the pick-off play.

Then you say:

Now if the pitcher is in the wind-up position, and he is going to pick someone off, the he better do it with out any preliminary move.

See TOP please!

I was hoping this forum would help me with a better understanding of the rules and situations, instead it has confused me even more.

Thank You All for your responses...I think!