View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 29, 2003, 10:56pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally posted by blindump
Doing a jv game, first batter of first inning hits sharply hit ball to third base. F5 fields ball cleanly and makes a one-hop throw to f3 who catches the ball, but the throw was just a little late. I signal out and make a verbal out call. I guess I just spaced it because I knew I blew it as soon as I made the call. I called time right away, and said, "my mistake, the runner is safe!" I did this before any real argument could be made by the first base coach or anyone else for that matter. The defensive coach came out to talk after I changed the call. I said, "coach I missed the call and I had a chance to make it right!" He didn't have much to say to that. I don't know if what I did was correct but I feel like my job is to make the right call. I hope it dosen't take me two times next time. The rest of the game went very smoothly, Thank God for small favors.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
Hey blind guy, eat it. Stick with your call.Reasoning is, you gonna get all kinda crap after you change one. Rules interp call change is one thing, judgement, NO. Stick to your guns, trust me, I've kicked the crap outa calls, everybody does(even if they won't admit)Learn from it and move on.....and upward...smile big and have fun