View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 07, 2012, 08:58pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I am not going to let a captain make this mistake. Of course, I ask the coach during the pregame coach/referee conference what he wants if they win the toss. If a coach says kick, I'll make sure he really wants that choice.

I don't believe in teaching lessons or picking up the dirty end of the stick. The kind of craphouse that comes from being a stickler here is something that is easily avoided.
I do not think it has anything to do with teaching lessons. The rules are clear what their choices are, we need to just let them make their choices. I also did not say to never clarify, but at some point they are to know what they want. It is like not granting a timeout in basketball. It is not our job to save them from themselves and go out of our way to do it.

I also think we need to stop worrying about what a coach is going to think. Teach your kids better and this will never happen. BTW, coaches are at out meetings to they have way to make sure this choice is made properly (state rules and option).

Peace