View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 01, 2012, 12:58pm
Esteemed Forum Member

The Digital Age ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
Even if this is allowed, I wouldn't want it if I was AD. I'd prefer the "checks and balances" of having the score book and the score board separately operated. Sure, if they differ and you don't know why, you go with the scorebook. But, it's just as often (or it's often enough) that the scorer misses something and is reminded of it only by seeing that the scoreboard has something different.
The scoreboard, and scorebook, would both be digital, and connected. A two point field goal for Red 32 gets "typed" into the digital scorebook, Red Team gets two points on the visible scoreboard. A foul on White 23 gets "typed" into the digital scorebook, White Team gets a a foul added to their team fouls on the visible scoreboard. The running score in the digital scorebook would always match the score on the digital scoreboard.

The school that wants to use this application lost a game last year due to an error involving the home scorebook (they were the home team) and the visible scoreboard. Supposedly, this application would avoid this type of error.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Mon Oct 01, 2012 at 01:01pm.