Thread: Lockout over!!!
View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 28, 2012, 11:03am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Tyler View Post
I would have liked to have a nickel for everytime Barkley said, "That's thurrebull", after the game.

I do have a question though. Years ago, the NFL made a team that scored a TD on the last play of game still attempt the extra point. I wonder if it had anything to do with the point spread or the over/under bets.

The end of the Green Bay/Seattle game would been even crazier if the Packers block the point after, and ran it back for the safety to tie the game.

But if I was the coach of the Seahawks, I would have gone for two, and took a knee. However the NFL didn't have the two point conversion rule back then, and the play was dead immediately after blocked kick.
By NFL rule, if the last play in regulation is a touchdown, the try must be attempted. If this occurred in OT, the try is not attempted. Also, under NFL rules, the try is over as soon as the defense gains possession of the ball and the defense can not score during a try.

Basically, Seattle had absolutely nothing to worry about during the try.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.