View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 27, 2012, 12:13pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Longhorn View Post
Most of the time, I agree. If there is SOME judgement call that ends with the result the umpire gave, then I understand what you're saying.

Unfortunately, in this case, there was NO judgement decision by that umpire that results in one and only one out. Either he judged intentional interference which results in 2 outs, or he didn't which results in zero. 1 is just not an option here. Therefore SOME rule misapplication must be at play here and you MUST get together to fix it.
How do you know there was no judgment by him to result in 1 out? Do you know exactly what the call was? Everyone speculates it was b/c of his arm motion and whatever else he did. No one knows what that call was at the time of the call except the calling umpire. May be why none of the others stepped on his call either. Until it was explained to them, they didn't know what it was and left him to make his call until asked.

It appears the group hugging and stepping on other umpire's toes is trickling down into the lower ranks. I thought it was a bad precedent being set then and hoped it would not go further than that. I guess I was wrong and doing some wishful thinking. I own my calls and only ask if I need to (which is rare). I expect my partners to do the same and respect my responsibilities to be left to me to handle.

Last edited by GA Umpire; Thu Sep 27, 2012 at 12:16pm.