Thread: Timing Play
View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 24, 2012, 12:02pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcrowder View Post
As BU, do you do ANYthing to help your partner out on the timing of the tag? As it turned out, partner gives a long pause and then a very slow, protracted, big sell out. I have NO CLUE whether the tag happened first or not. Forced to guess, and being maybe 60-70% sure based on what I do know, I score the run.
As the BU, if you see a point, and in this case you will almost always see a point from me, that will be an indicator that there has been a tag.

Quote:
And as a side question ... is 60-70% sure enough for you to score the run here? Do you have to be 100% sure of the score? Do you have to be 100% sure the other way to rule no run? In retrospect, I wish I'd went out to confer with him between innings.
Why, what was he going to tell you that could have changed your call? The only thing I could see would be a delayed tag where the runner's path around the base cause the fielder to miss the initial tag or reposition. Whatever you do, don't wait for your partner's signal to check or mark the runner's location.