View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 28, 2003, 06:38pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs up

In my state 3 man crews were just introduced this past bball season. Needless to say there was a lot of controversy between 2 and 3 man crews. However, this past season league assignors for each district voted to have 3 man crews for 2003-2004 district, region, and state playoff games. Regular season is still up to the hosting school whether or not to have 3 man officials. Most of the bigger schools in the state will be going to 3 man crews if they haven't already this next season.

Pay for 3 man crews is a little less compared to the 2 man crews for the obvious reason of small school budgets.

Some opinions that i've heard from coaches is that they are all for having it, but if they have a 3 man crew they don't want any missed calls. In other words they want things cleaned up on the floor including screens away from the ball. I would have to agree with them. Another reason i like it myself is that fast breaks (especially in mens varsity) are easier to cover with the 3rd person along with full court defenses.