View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 16, 2012, 07:42pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
4-19-7 A team-control foul is a common foul committed by a team that has team control (including a member of the throw-in team from the start of the throw-in until player control is obtained inbounds).

Rationale: The committee adopted a team-control rule change for last season which introduced some complications for a number of other rules. These complications were handled through interpretations last year. The addition of this parenthetical statement allows all rules affected by the team-control definition change last season to revert to their previous verbiage and brings the rule in line with the interpretations that were released last year.
I don't like that the parenthetical statement begins with the word "including". That means that a member of the throw-in team during the throw-in is included in the group "a team that has team control". Even though I think that's not what they actually mean.

So what I really need to see is the definitions of player control and team control. Have we seen exactly how the "previous verbiage" was used?