View Single Post
Old Fri Apr 25, 2003, 09:33am
Official Forum Member

Good Luck

I'm in NYS and we do two whistle during the season and three whistle for sectional finals only. I'm also Co-Chair for our organization and on the rules interp committe. We have heard the same complaints and they are hard to overcome. In my opinion the reason coaches feel that they get a better game with two person is less off the ball stuff is called. Three person catches more of this and coaches find this as "a lousy called game". Maybe try and get them to use three person for playoffs as a trial and see how it goes. Just make sure that if you put three whistles on the floor, that they KNOW three person mechanics. Having two that do and one that doesn't, even though the one that doesn't may be one of your best officials will become evident to those folks who are looking to shoot you down. We've been doing it now for five years but still cannot crack the regular season primarily to budget restrictions, but also the fact that you need a whole heck of a lot of officails, who know three person, to start covering all of those games during the season.