View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 07, 2012, 11:28am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forksref View Post
Unfortunately, this female ref will have little credibility since she is in the NFL as a replacement ref. Had she been moved up in competition with the regular NFL guys and prospects, then she would be deemed worthy. I wonder if the NFL is using her as a distraction from the real problem, which is the incompetence of replacement refs. There is NO way they can do the job well. The NFL game is too fast and too intense for crews of total rookies to handle. How sad.

Also, if any D-I ref worked as a replacement ref, they'd be done in NCAA ball. I know of a guy who did this the last time and he never worked D-I again. Reffing is a fraternity and loyalties run deep.
Actually there is a woman official at the D1 level that is likely to be an NFL official in the future from what I am hearing that is not this woman working now. So she might be the first, but she might not be the first picked the right way.

And there is already evidence that people from the D1 and lower college level are not going to get their jobs back or lose a lot of their standing. I know I benefited by this situation this year and picked up some games because of this NFL situation. And now unless I mess up now I could get a position because the guys that left may never come back.

Peace