Thread: Whack a mole
View Single Post
Old Mon Aug 06, 2012, 12:00pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multiple Sports View Post
Beserk -

It sounds like you were right by administering both T's and then filling out the appropiate paperwork, however I WOULD NOT have sent the assigner an e-mail as to why you don't want to "see that partner again." I have been an
assigner at the hs level for 15 yrs and IMO you wouldn't be in my good graces
for that e-mail. Just fill out the paperwork for the T..... no more no less.

Your assigner will contact your partner and discuss the situation with him...heck it is "summer ball" = teaching moment. If there is a pattern with
that guy I am sure your assigner will take the appropiate steps.....

Your assigner may interpret your e -mail to be you are a "know it all" guy and that = high maintainance.

If he had called you after he received the paperwork then maybe a discussion would have been appropiate, but otherwise if he didn't ask for your opinion don't offer it......
I think this depends on the assignor or the type of relationship you have with him or her. I mainly say this because there are assignor I would absolutely tell them this because I know the assignor rather well. Others I would never make that request. And if the assignor knows that a lot of people do not want to work with a particular official, then the assignor will keep in mind this when or if they assign the person in the future. Otherwise I totally agree the assignor could take it that way, but some assignors like more information from certain officials and for all we know Beserk might be one of those people.

Peace