View Single Post
Old Mon Jul 30, 2012, 04:59am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
I've always noticed in international games the weak side official put both arms up on the first free throw. Why?

I also noticed that there is no trapezoid for these games. I always thought FIBA prided itself on the trapezoid.
If the official outside the restricted area (what we'd call the paint in America) has both hands up and palms facing forward, that means two free throws. If he had both hands up but only has 3 fingers up on each hand, he's indicated 3 free throws.

Also, FIBA changed their rules and went into effect in 2010 that changed the lane from the trapezoid lane to the NBA sized lane (16 feet wide). They've also added a no charge semi-circle that is anaglous to the restricted area/arc in the NBA/NCAA (in FIBA it seems they call the "paint" the restricted area), but a defender must be entirely in the no charge area for him not to be allowed to take a charge.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Mon Jul 30, 2012 at 05:18am.