View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 27, 2012, 10:39am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welpe View Post
I could write volumes on this but I made the switch to a smaller chapter so that the time investment was not as severe, which was best for me and my family. There is something to be said for not driving over an hour one way to attend a meeting or the only offered training from the chapter, let alone the games themselves. The smaller chapter is closer to home and not fraught with as nearly as many problems as the larger.
I can sympathize and something similar could have easily happened to me after I switched. My new association could have easily not been able to handle the extra school districts and lost them back to Dallas the following season, and then I would be stuck driving 100 miles round trip (at least) to the middle of nowhere every night when I live and work in a big metro area. But I was fortunate that things have been so much better, and Dallas lost more schools to us this season.

Ultimately, this is supposed to be something we enjoy and if it's not enjoyable, we are forced to make tough choices.