Thread: Target
View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 13, 2012, 02:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gslefeb View Post
I also do not understand how someone can throw a "laser" from the 28' mark, "skim" off a head and not reach you in flight. Was it a laser? Did it do more than Skim?

Assuming I'm picturing this wrong, giving your description that there was no doubt what happened, I have no problem with you confronting the player.

If it was not a "laser" meaning there could be doubt if his actions were meant to show you up or injure you; then I think part of your conversation was antagonistic. "You need to be more careful..". You got your point across with the first question, I do not like the "you need" part.

If the rec league has a bunch of "idiots", then I would not give it much thought. However, if you are the "only" official that this happens to, I would give it a 10min thought asking yourself why?
He was at the 28' line, but also way OOB on the sideline, the teammate that got skimmed was on the court in between the arc & FT line extended. That is when the ball slowed down & changed direction, which explains the bounce before it got to me. So yes, it was a laser.

Actually out of my 10 years of experience, this is only the 2nd time a ball has been thrown at me. It just so happens that they both occured as of late. One was in a womens game & the other in a mens game, at two different locations.

Never been assaulted in a sanctioned game at any level.