Thread: obstruction??
View Single Post
Old Sun Jun 10, 2012, 08:42am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend View Post
Wow I didnt know we were in the presence of perfection... I'm guessing by the nature of your post on this topic that from the VERY first game that you ever did you not only knew every rule but were completely 100 % perfect on every call that you made... Why be a douch? Clearly I knew the rule to be able to call it correct. Nothing "feeble" about that.
No, I'm not perfect, nor was I trying to seem superior. I commented on the fact that you don't seem to be learning the rule, but instead are merely concerned with whether you got this one call right.

You don't know the rule or its application, or you would not have made your original post. You didn't know the "correct terminology," and remarked that "it sounds as if by the letter of the rule" you got it right. To me, those remarks suggest that you're still not confident of the scope and application of the rule.

I don't have to be the world's best umpire to encourage you to look beyond one situation and understand the rule and its application better. We see a lot of novice umpires who think they know everything and can't take constructive criticism. Perhaps your posts were misleading and the reality is different from the appearance: if so, you can certainly make that point without attacking me.