Thread: T ON THE CROWD
View Single Post
Old Thu Apr 17, 2003, 08:49am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to ChuckElias
Back to Mark's comment about never calling a T on the crowd. What about incidents where the fans throw stuff on the court after the first basket or something like that? I think there was a fad for a while like that. Maybe in Syracuse, they'd throw oranges or little orange balls onto the court after Syracuse's first point of the game? I think I also saw fans do the same thing with toilet paper once and with pennies another time. Wouldn't you HAVE to T that behavior?

Speaking of fads, maybe this should be another thread, but how many rules can you think of that were implemented directly to some stupid fad. I can think of 3 off the top of my head. Requiring strict enforcement of the bench rule so substitutes could not stand while waiting for their team's first score of the game. (I guess that one already was a rule, but it got a POE, I think.) Prohibiting laser pointers. And prohibiting those sneakers with blinking lights in them.

Chuck