View Single Post
Old Wed May 23, 2012, 06:33am
Official Forum Member

Indiana Pacers v. Miami Heat Flagrant Fouls

Thoughts on the two plays?

First play, I have a flagrant foul penalty two. I had a clear wind-up, and impact that cause unnecessary and excessive contact. The contact catches the offensive player in the face and shoulder region. In addition to all that, the foul was a retaliatory foul since less than a minute before, the same offensive player who was fouled, committed a flagrant foul.

I would have liked for the crew to go with the FF2 on the court and gave themselves an opportunity to downgrade if need be. It wasn't as if the play wasn't close to a FF2. Of course, they really could have truly thought it was nothing more than a FF1, and if they did, then they should go with that call on the court.

On the 2nd play, I have a flagrant foul penalty two. Pittman in this play had no ideas about making a basketball play (as in trying to legally box out the opponent). Pittman runs across the lane, winds up, and creates unnecessary and excessive contact to the head/neck region of the opponent.

If you want to involve outside factors, it could also be argued that this was a retaliatory act, to get back at Stevenson for the choking act directed at LeBron James in game two. But even if that isn't taken in as a factor, the play alone, IMO, deserves ejection. My only guess as to why this was kept a FF1 was because the crew didn't believe there was any windup on the play.
Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, given a chance to climb, they refuse. They cling to the realm, or the gods, or love. Illusions.

Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is.

Last edited by APG; Sun Aug 05, 2012 at 02:35pm. Reason: spelling