Thread: Marc Davis
View Single Post
Old Sun May 13, 2012, 05:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
He made the Finals last year and generally, unlike the NHL, the same people make the Finals every single year.
Maybe I am wrong here, but I believe this was his first Finals last year. And you would be wrong that the same people make it every year. There might be some of the same names, but that does not mean that certain officials cannot be new or work their first time. There is theoretically a different crew make up every game. I am sure APG can shed some light on the overall process, but it is certainly not the same people and no one else new comes along or a new person every year is not eligible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmagan View Post
As for everything remaining private, the toothpaste is out of the tube for that one. We have websites dedicated to NCAA men's basketball officials statistics and schedules the last 16 years. Every ejection in MLB is graded on a website for correct/incorrect calls (by the way it will not make Todd Tichenor look good when today's ejection is posted). The NBA has to post statements about incorrect late game calls. In today's world everyone is held accountable.
You really need to be educated on a few things. The NCAA Men's stats that you refer to, is a website that basically goes through listed or common box score listings and tells you where someone has worked and what conferences someone is normally working. The information is not from the NCAA or the conferences directly.

MLB might grade and ejections and put it on a website, but I doubt they do it the way you suggest (and I doubt this is run by MLB, but I am not sure). And it is common knowledge that MLB does not get rid of their staff or members that make bad judgments or do not grade out with their peers. MLB basically allows an umpire to retire on their terms until maybe a certain age or certain years of service have been reached. MLB hardly even suspends their umpires for things they do. Heck if you look at the way MLB Umpires handle ejections I think Davis' ejection was tame.

And the NBA much more unforgiving of their staff than the MLB has ever been. Joe West is still an umpire that should tell you enough right there based on the controversial situations West has been involved in and his physical appearance.

If you do not like the way the NBA gives out information that is fine, but do not suggest it is a lack of accountability so you know what they think. I am sure there was a report made to the league on the situation as I am sure all of these situations are reported to the league. And NBA officials have many more fouls and no calls that they are evaluated than any MLB umpire has unless they are working behind the plate. A base umpire might be lucky if they have a single call to make in a game. The NBA does not owe you anything.

Peace