View Single Post
Old Mon May 07, 2012, 11:58pm
Official Forum Member

Issuing a Technical

Okay tonight I had a varsity boys game, 2 man mechanics. A10 had already picked up one technical from my partner in the 1st half (20 minute running clock). Mid way through the second half I have a standard call on A10, nothing which I felt was even noteworthy.

Coach A gets ready to sub him out. I'm at half court and A10 is walking off the court. From the 3 point line to half court, where I was he is just staring at me. He walks past me and his head turns and he still is staring at me, I could see it out of my peripheral. I turn and deliver his second T.

Coach asked the player what he said, player said "nothing". I said "he stared at me coach." After the Technical, I decided to give coach a little more explanation because he told his players not to look at me anymore.

I told the coach, "You know I'm not oversensitive, coach, but your player took 10 steps and stared me down the whole way, he wanted that T." Coach said "you're right."

But I'm wondering honestly...even though this is HTBT moment, was I a little too thin skinned? I seldom question my technicals, but this one I am.