View Single Post
Old Mon May 07, 2012, 06:15am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rngrck View Post
U2 calls illegal pitch by signaling delayed dead ball. B1 hits pitch for a single, runner goes from1st to third. I, Partner says nothing and I as U1 incorrectly interpret the rule and disallow B1's hit and award a ball and put runner at 2nd. Coach argues I don't change my call. I go to my partner after inning, he tells me He didn't want to say anything since I already made my call. I say, if you knew I was wrong, why didn't you get with me and make the call correct. He says, " A good umpire would never rule against his partner". I eventually apologized to the coach and everything was cool.
Where's the PU in all of this? Unless you are using unfamiliar designations, which I suspect you are.

I will take this as U1-PU; U2-BU. B should be at least "2" with a runner one, but that part is self-explanatory.

Your partner is correct, he has no authority to even seek to overturn your call. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he shouldn't try to get your attention to discuss the play and improper ruling. At that point, your partner can provide you with more, possibly better, information to allow you to correct the ruling.