View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 28, 2012, 12:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumpferee View Post
I was asking myself the day other while I was in B with R1, "why am I here"?

I get deep, into the cut, and find myself straight lined. I know, move up. But them balls come a little faster when hit the older I get. Anyway, I was thinking in C, my angle would be better.

Is this wrong? Or just stay in B and quit thinking so much?
This is a great explanation from Richard Seigel on another forum that explains this in great detail, and is the way I do it as well from B, in order to get the best angle.

You're at B. You read that R1 is stealing. Stand up and "open the gate," IOW, pivot on your LF and stand with your shoulders in a parrallel line with a line from HP to 2B. Keep your eye on the ball at all times right now. If you can see the ball it won't hit you because you can move out of the way of the throw if the ball is thrown at you. As F2 begins to throw use cross steps and begin moving back toward 2B base. Keep your eye on the ball! Yes, you're looking back at HP while walking toward 2B. It takes some practice. As the throw is airbourne track the trajectory of the thow. If it is coming at you get out of the way! If it is a good throw that is going to the base, as the ball reaches the spot on the field where you are, IOW, its even with your position, turn your body as the ball passes turn your attention to the flieder's glove of the guy covering at the bag and wait for the ball to show up. You can't keep your eye on the ball the whole way from F2 to 2B because you'll lose sight of it as it whizzes by you. As you are moving back towards the base, walk, don't run. You might get your legs cross-crossed and trip over your own feet. (That won't look professional.) And you don't want to end up too close to the base right on top of the play. If you get too close the play will explode on you. The idea place to be is right on the edge of the grass cut-out by 2B, about 10-12 feet from the play.

Reference: Richard Seigel, ABUA forum, Mechanics section.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25