View Single Post
Old Sat Apr 28, 2012, 08:28am
In Time Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoSteve View Post
Well, that's nice and all. I learned from professionals as well. What were you taught? Why don't you mention that, instead of just criticizing all the time? I am set for all my calls. You need to see me umpire before you say asinine, ridiculous statements. If I'm in C and it is going to be a 6-4-3 or 4-6-3 DP, I do move rapidly toward B when the ball is hit, and stop in perfect position to see the play at 2nd, and I then signal the out as I drift over to the B area (as was taught by pro umpires), which is about 3 or 4 good steps, then turning with the throw and setting to see play at first. Excellent position to see both plays. I am all about getting the best angles and distance I can get out of every play in order to be in good position. Damn, why am always forced to explain things to you?

I don't start in B, turn around, call play at 2nd, turn toward 1st, and call play at first. Why, is that how you were taught? I don't start in C and just stand there to call both plays. Why, is that how you were taught?
First of all, you needn't get so defensive. Second of all, you needn't be so insulting in the process either. Discuss, don't debase.

They showed us how to step back with one foot depending on which side of us the ball was hit, turn, step and set for the play at 2B. Then how to turn, step, and set for the throw to 1B. AT NO TIME WAS THERE ANY MENTION OF HAVING TO MOVE FROM C TO B. They teach angle over distance.

Perhaps you could post some video of yourself doing all these remarkable deeds. Could you possibly provide us about 15 minutes of instructions on You Tube? I think myself and others would like to see what they're missing.

Personally, I'd bet dollars to donuts my mechanics on the field exceed yours in each and every way. Know your role, player.